sábado, 23 de enero de 2016

God Knows Our Divine Potential




Have you ever felt that no one understands you? Or have you ever felt that you're just a hopeless case? I know I've felt those feelings before in my life, and there's a scripture that we read in my New Testament class this week that really helps me find hope when I'm in that situation.

Acts 9 tells the conversion story or Saul, or later known as Paul. In this chapter Saul was travelling to a city called Damascus to persecute the members of the Church there. On the way, the Lord appeared to him and he wanted to follow the Lord now, but was blinded for a time. After arriving at the city, the Lord sent someone to help Saul, Ananias. Ananias was a little concerned, seeing that Saul was well known for persecuting the Christians, but I love the Lord's response to him in verse 15: "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel."

The Lord called Saul "a chosen vessel." This is crucial in understanding the answer to our original question. God simply doesn't see us the way man sees us. Sure, at the time Saul was persecuting the Church, but he later became a great missionary and apostle. God knew this before anyone else did. W can learn a valuable truth for our lives: God has an eternal perspective on us and He knows our divine potential, even when no one else can see it.


So don't give up hope on anyone, including yourself! God knows you and He is preparing you to become the wonderful person He sees you as. I know that God loves us and will help us to see that potential and to achieve it.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Archivo del Blog